We will offer educational sessions for patients, caregivers and families either in-person or via Zoom. View our upcoming events for details.
Presentation: “How Social Isolation Can Add to Our Risk of Dementia”
Hosted by: ACT on Alzheimer’s
Date: November 12, 2020
Time: 9:30 am – 11:30 am
Location: Either online or in-person:
- Online via Zoom at: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/84585474217
- Or, in-person at the Whitney Senior Center: 1527 Northway Drive, St Cloud, MN 56303
Social isolation amid COVID-19 pandemic boosts risk of dementia in older adults. Loneliness has also been found to increase the risk of developing dementia by as much as 20%. In face, loneliness has an influence similar to other more well-established dementia risk factors such as diabetes, hypertension, physical inactivity and hearing loss. Join Dr. Pat Zook to learn more about social isolation and the affects on your health.
You must pre-register for attending in-person by calling 320-255-7245. No need to register if viewing online via Zoom.
Silver Lining Dementia Education
- Healthy lifestyle choices may lower your risk for dementia. 10/20/2020 at 6:45 – 8 pm
- 7 seconds of dementia – We will discuss the realities of an individual living with dementia. 11/10/2020 at 6:45 – 8 pm.
- What is Frontotemporal dementia? – We will discuss what is FTD, and how it differes from Alzheimer’s Disease. 12/01/2020 at 6:45 – 8 pm.
- What is Lewy Body Dementia? – We will discuss what is LBY, and how it differs from Alzheimer’s Disease. 12/15/2020 at 6:45 – 8 pm.
Contact Cristina with Silver Lining Dementia Education at 320-293-7107 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
7447 River Bend CT NW
Sauk Rapids, MN 56379
All content on this website is intended to be informational only and does not create a patient-client relationship and does not intend to constitute medical advice.